VENUE SEASON HIRE
FAQ for Hirers
1.How much does it cost to hire the Main Theatre?
A) Professional: $ 880 GST incl. per performance. Price includes Venue Hire, Ticketing, FOH BO Staff, Performance Operating staff (Stage Manager/Lighting/Sound Operator),Incentives, Technical Supervision at bump in/out. If you bring in your own Light and Sound Operators the performance technician fee ($ 33 GST incl. per hour on a 3 hour minimum call) will be deducted from the flat fee.
B) In Association with EMU Productions $ 2750.00 GST incl. per week (5 – 7 performances) plus $ 110 GST incl. per performance for FOH/BO staff on a minimum 4 hour call and $ 99 GST incl. per performance for Light and Sound Operator on a minimum 3 hours call. Bringing in a Sound and Light Operator at the cost of the Artistic Producer (the incoming Company) is negotiable.
C) Co-Production with EMU Productions at 50/50 Gross Box Office Share. This option can only be agreed upon if EMU Productions is confident to be able to share the risk. 50/50 share means the incoming production takes care of all costs related to the production such as:
- Obtaining and paying for the performance license
- Organising and paying for set, costumes, props
- Engaging and paying for Sound and light operators, Stage Managers, Make up Artists, Dressers, Bumpin/out crew, etc
- Creating and paying for all production related PR material such as poster, flyer, program and publicity.
EMU Productions will cover ALL other cost such as:
- Theatre rent, Power cost, Rubbish removal, Theatre cleaning, etc.
- Public Liability Insurance, Security monitoring, Fire Insurance
- Venue maintenance including repairs, incentives, equipment service
- Theatre Admin including FOH and BO staff, Bump in/out Technical Supervisor,Online and Telephone bookings, Book keeping, financial reports, banking, production reconciliation
- KST website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and KST Newsletter Production promotion
Scripts can be submitted to EMU Productions at any time. After assessment EMU Productions will contact the Producer(s) to start negotiations. firstname.lastname@example.org – o403 070 004
D) How much is it to hire the foyer for a cabaret or music night?
$550.00 GST incl. and BO/FOH fee of $110 GST incl. per night. Light and Sound Operator (if needed) comes at $ 33 GST incl. per hour if an own Operator cannot be supplied.
E) Industry Groups such as Theatre Sports, Playback Theatre, Tweatre are supported by EMU Productions and do not have to pay any fees upfront. The deal is a strict 50/50 Box Office share and the companies need to supply their own Light and Sound Operators. Shows can take place either in the Main Theatre or the Foyer Space. All groups will have to work around existing stage sets
2. What is the capacity of the theatre?
100 people in the Main Theatre and 60 (table mode) or 75 (theatre mode) in the Foyer Theatre
3. What are the dimensions of the theatre?
The stage is 11 m across and 5 m deep, although this depends on whether you use flats or play right to the back wall. Please note, there is only one Dressing/Green room. It is fully fitted with lights and mirrors, fridge, kettle, toaster, microwave and can “comfortably” accommodate larger casts.
4. Does the theatre provide technical assistance?
Our Technical Director is available for consultation on your bump-in and bump-out and our Production and FOH/BO Staff will assist you throughout your season.
6. Does the theatre provide lights as part of the hire?
Yes. Both Venues are equipped to provide a basic lighting rig and sound system. You can contract additional lighting and sound equipment from the theatre..
7. How do I declare my interest in staging a season?
In the first instance submit an expression of interest to Markus Weber on email@example.com.
Your expression of interest needs to clearly communicate the artistic intent behind the production, clear staging ideas as well as biographies of key creative personnel. We are interested in projects which show innovation in storytelling, experimentation with collaborative art forms and developing fresh, contemporary voices.
Once submitted, it will usually take 2-4 weeks before you will be notified whether a further meeting will be arranged to discuss your project further.
8. What’s a standard production season?
It depends on the individual production. We have seasons ranging from one week to four to festivals which run for 2 months. Shows can run from Tuesday to Saturday evenings, with extra matinee performances scheduled if you wish. Sundays are not available at any time due to yearly our yearly hirers such as Playback Theatre. Mondays are our standard Bump In days.
9. How is the bar run?
This is totally managed by the EMU Productions (theatre & music) Pty Ltd and does not affect the hirer in any way. There is no % of bar takings for the hirer.
We would love to hear from you. Please tell us in a few sentences how we can help.
Please also note:
Main Stage and Foyer Space have their stand alone Light and Sound System.
KST Risk Assessment: KST Risk Assessment
KST Policies and Procedures: Policies Procedures of KST
KST Main Stage Plan: Main Stage Plan
KST Main Stage Rig: KST Lighting Rig 2015